Friday, November 16, 2012

The Indie game called False Awakening.



I'm making a video game called "False Awakening". What it will be like is still up in the air, but I'll keep updating this blog about it's progress. Right now, the game is going to be a layered platformer with some play with dimension. I want it to be about dreams, fears and emotion. I think the interactivity of a videogame is most suitable to make a person feel the story on them. The game will have no killing in it, as I'm feeling unnecessary death is a megatrope in platformers. Right now, I'm the sole worker on the game, but I'm open to recruit people who can do what I need. I'm most likely going to be making this game a reality with Whisper game studios.

I created a test animation to give an idea of what I'm trying to do. I just recently started learning After Effects, so the video where I test my artwork is very messy still, I will add to this video gradually, clean it up and make more content until it looks like an actual game.

Concept Art of an NPC for False Awakening.