Sunday, November 18, 2012

False Awakening initial artwork

Due to the time limit of the initial deadline for my videogame project, I'm going about the creation of assets and other materials somewhat untraditionally. It is more of a freeform art exploration than the strict and sensible concepting I'm used to from formal projects. You know the one: draw a bunch of concept thumbnails  pick the best one, polish. I have to create enough assets to initially have a complete game world, so my first tries are also my final tries, and my accidents are all happy. When the uni project ends, I'm free to revise and recreate anything for the actual making of this game however. I find  this laid back creation process quite liberating and enjoyable. 
Creature concept for False Awakening. This one has the temporary nickname "sharpface"


No comments:

Post a Comment